When you are getting your landscape designed and installed, you want to make sure that every feature in it is resilient and sustainable. The hardscaping should have features constructed using good quality masonry materials, and the living elements like trees, plants, and shrubs should be hardy.
Most landscapes also have lawns, and it’s essential to ensure that you opt for the right grass species based on the look and texture you prefer. There are two ways to install a lawn, and many property owners are veering towards sod lawn installations. But greens that are installed via the traditional hydroseeding method are significantly more resilient than sod.
We at Gibbs Landscaping & Lawn Care are a full-service landscaping company that caters to residential and commercial clients across the region. From our base in Mt. Juliet, our company has expanded its service areas to Donelson, Brentwood, Antioch, and Lebanon. Word of our expertise has reached Franklin, Murfreesboro, and Nashville as well. Over the years, we have handled numerous landscaping jobs that included hydroseeding.
We have also built a solid clientele in and around Old Hickory, Hendersonville, Hermitage, and Springfield, as well as other cities of Middle Tennessee. With years of experience in the field, we have in-depth knowledge of various products and techniques used in installing landscapes. We understand that clients want healthy and resilient lawns, and it’s why we recommend the hydrodseeding method of installation.
The Lawn Installation Process
The hydroseeding process involves proper ground and soil preparation and sowing the grass seeds. Here is a detailed look at it:
- The site is prepped well for the installation, and the area will be graded well.
- Once the sprinkler system and drainage systems are in place, we move to the next step.
- The team will then add the topsoil and get the surface ready for the grass seed.
- We will also lime the soil well so that it has the right pH levels. Liming helps to ensure that the ground becomes less acidic and sufficiently alkaline to support and encourage the growth of grass.
- Once the surface has been readied, a mulch, fertilizer and water mixture will be spread in the designated area using a hydroseeding machine.
- Our team ensures that the seed mixture spreads evenly and that there is no over-seeding.
Maintaining the Hydroseeded Lawn
Once the seed is in place, the lawn will have to be maintained carefully. The area needs proper watering for the first two months, and no one must walk in this space while the grass is growing. Keep pets out of the lawn area as well. Disturbing the growing grass at this vulnerable stage can affect its growth and health.
It’s also necessary that you mow your grass after four weeks. The small grass clippings should be left in the lawn as these add organic matter to that area and help nourish the grass. We know from experience that a hydroseeded lawn is more adaptable, attractive, and disease-resistant than sod. We offer custom hydroseeding services and can install your lawn using this time-tested method, quickly and efficiently.